Extra! Extra! Read all about it! We’re bursting at the seams to tell you all about all the exciting things that our happening at your kids’ dentist in Rowlett. In February, we’re going to reveal a new member of our team — and we know you’re going to love her. We’re here to give you a little preview of what you can expect from her.
A Cheerleader for Your Kids’ Oral Health
No, the new member of our team isn’t literally a cheerleader, but she is passionate about supporting kids’ oral health. In fact, there is nothing that she loves more than healthy teeth, and she even rewards kids generously when they trade in their healthy baby teeth that have fallen out and start to replace them with grown-up pearly whites.
Do you have any guesses about who our new team member might be? Here are a few more hints:
- She’s famous.
- She doesn’t use standard dental equipment when she’s on the job.
- She is very well-traveled.
- She has been around for a long time, but she looks amazing for her age.
What to Do While You’re Waiting for the Big Reveal
We know you’re itching to learn more about the awesome lady who is coming to our practice soon, but you’ll have to be patient. In the meantime, we encourage all of our patients to keep up their good work of caring for their teeth. Please do your best to make sure your child:
- Brushes their teeth twice a day. It’s important to protect even baby teeth from decay, and brushing away bacteria and plaque is the way to do that.
- Adopts the habit of flossing. You don’t want your child to grow up to be one of the many adults who neglect flossing. Instill this good habit now so your young one has a mouth that is as clean and healthy as possible.
- Understands the importance of dental care. You and your dentist can work together to educate your baby about the bad consequences of not caring for their teeth and the rewards of having a healthy smile.
- Doesn’t overdo it on the sweets. Sugar is one of the worst things for teeth. It promotes plaque production and can quickly lead to decay. By teaching your child how to make wise food choices, you can keep their little chompers in tip-top shape!
Okay, we know that waiting is hard, especially when you know that something magical is on the horizon, but we’re confident that you and your kids can hang in there. In the meantime, do your best to encourage every member of your family to brush like a boss and floss like they mean it.
About Your Dentist for Kids in Rowlett
Dr. Tera Pollock and the rest of our team are passionate about keeping little smiles looking and feeling great! If you’re concerned about your child’s smile or it’s time for their next checkup, please contact us at 972-475-0301.