With back to school season just around the corner, it’s important to have your children visit their dentist before your family gets too busy. Even if your child practices brushing and flossing their teeth correctly, it’s best to visit their children’s dentist in Rowlett at least every six months.
If it’s been a while since their last preventive appointment, bring them by and ask your dentist how preventive dental sealants can help your child’s teeth.
Preventive Care is Key for Children
Keeping your child’s regular dental appointments every six months dramatically improves overall health and dental health at any age. During your regular visits, you can expect these things to be examined:
- oral tissues
- their head and neck
- and the inner workings of their mouth
This visual dental exam is used to spot issues like tooth decay, gum disease, teeth grinding, and oral cancer that an untrained eye may not notice.
Right after your child’s dental exam, their dentist will carefully clean the plaque and tartar buildup from the areas that are hard to reach. Although a teeth cleaning isn’t many kid’s favorite part of their dental visit, this systematic cleaning will help lower their risk of developing:
- gum disease
- tooth decay
- abscessed teeth
- other dental problems associated with dental bacteria as they get older
Ask Your Children’ Dentist About Dental Sealants
Feel free to also ask about dental sealants in Rowlett during your child’s appointment. Other benefits of sealants include:
- Sealants protect the grooves of the teeth from food particles.
- Dental sealants are easy to apply, only taking a few minutes to seal each tooth.
- Sealants hold up well under the force of normal chewing and can last several years.
- Sealants are affordable and less invasive to prevent cavities.
- Sealants are white or clear in color, making them virtually invisible amongst your child’s natural smile.
Remember, even though baby teeth fall out eventually, they keep your child’s mouth strong and ready to receive their adult teeth. Is it time to bring your child to visit their friendly family dentist?
About the Doctor
Dr. Tera Pollock is a long-standing member of the Rockwall County Dental Society, having served since 2012. Dr. Pollock loves many aspects about her job, including helping children smile and giggle, creating positive dental experiences for young patients. If you would like to call your family doctor, get in contact with her by dialing (972) 203-6924.